Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My boyfriend.


I can't help but be sentimental today. Exactly one year ago today, I picked David up from the airport and he said "you're my girlfriend". It may seem odd that it wasn't posed as a question, but if you've read any of the "Her Side" tab, you know that it was (a little too) obvious-- it didn't even need to be a question. 

i LOVE my DAVID PARKER.

In my mind I built up this fabulously perfect creature, after only spying on him in chemistry lab. I was lucky enough that the more I got to know him, the more fabulous and more perfect i realized he was. I remember chatting with my friends long before meeting David, about how it was not possible to have a super good guy, who just adores you, AND also is SUPER hot. It seemed like if you wanted a man that was super good looking, then he couldn't also be humble, kind, and fun. I thought it was a trade off. Thus all of my dates pre-David were evaluated based on a cost benefit analysis... I was sure you couldn't have it all. 

The great news is: I really got to have it all.

I remember sitting on the floor of Cody Melnyk's (crazy sweet) house at lunch on a school day (before we were engaged). David and I had Ochem in two hours so we were just chatting and giggling. We skipped class. (I can't believe it either). My first skipped class at BYU all because I just couldn't get enough of him, I wanted to hear more stories about his friends, his turtle, his mom's cheesecake, anything and everything he said I just wanted to soak in everything about him. We sat on that floor for 7 and 1/2 hours. No eating, no TV, no phones, just us. 

He's the best entertainment there is.

So today I am grateful for a husband who i ADORE. He puts a little tingle in my heart every time I think of him. The same tingle that I got when i was told i was his girlfriend.

2 comments: