Friday, June 15, 2012

A little story..

I love my family, I especially love having so many sisters. My sister Savannah is 6 years younger than me and is the cutest little lady on this continent. I have waited a couple months to post this story because I  thought she might be embarrassed, but I just decided I need to have a record of it on the blog. So here is my journal entry:
Since it was our last night in town, all of us girls went out to dinner. When we were on our way back home from dinner, we stopped at the Schwartz's house to pick up the twins. While Mom and Jackie went inside, Savannah and I were waiting in the car chatting. We we wandered onto the topic of In-Laws and that conversation somehow morphed into a discussion of what it would be like if your husband didn't have a family or if they had all died. Morbid? Yes, but it was a typical sisters-can-talk-about-anything sort of a conversation. We were sort of giggling at the strange scenarios we were coming up with. Finally, our talk began to take a humorously serious tone as we started talking about how I can never even hold a grudge against David because I think about how sad I would be if he died. I said that if David died I would NEVER be able to remarry. Savannah said "you don't really know that, do you?" and I said yes I do. Even if he died tomorrow I could never remarry. Savannah said but then you couldn't have any kids and you'd be completely alone? And I said that it doesn't matter, I could never marry anyone else because I already KNOW that there is no way I could love any other person anywhere near the way I love David.
She quietly whispered "that is so romantic. It makes me want to cry". We started cracking up that our random car conversation had gotten so deep. The laughing died down a bit as a  series of little tears started splurging from her eyes.  "Seriously, that is so beautiful," she said sobbing and laughing. It was the cutest thing that has ever happened to me. (Although when my mom and Jackie finally came out to the car, they thought I had hurt her because she had a red face and so many tears!).
i am so grateful that my family can be together forever because we are a bunch of eccentric nut cases that really do belong together. i love that even my little sisters can see the happiness and love that a temple marriage can bring.




2 comments: