Monday, June 13, 2011

i love to see the temple, i'm going there... today!

This is the San Diego temple, where David and I are getting married in only 61 (long) days!
Growing up as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have always loved the temple. When I was little my love for the temple stemmed from it's similarity to a castle. Because of this, I knew that it must be important. As I got a little older and was able to go inside, I began to love the temple because of the way it made me feel, so I knew by the distinctive spirit felt there, that it was important. Just this last week I was able to go through the temple to receive my endowments. My understanding of the truthfulness and shear majesty of the gospel deepened, and because of the way it has already altered my life I know that it is the most important.
One of the best parts of the weekend was having so many of the people there that I just love the very most! David, and of course my Mom and Dad were there, along with my sister Jackie, and David's parents even made the long trip up from California!
It was a happy day, so naturally he can't help it, he's just a dancing nut!
Jackie, Lauren, and Dad
Sisters
Lauren with Mom and Dad
David with his Mom and Dad


I always tell David that I could never love him anymore than I do in that moment when I say it (which is logical thinking because it's just so so much love that I often think I could just explode at any second- and love would just go flying everywhere!) However, I'm constantly proved wrong, as I find new reasons to love and admire him every millisecond; especially when we went through the temple. It was such a tender and peaceful experience that created a whole new dimension to our love, multiplying it by.. infinity million! Getting married in the temple is something I have so deeply desired and prepared for my whole life. I'm so grateful to soon be marrying a man that has also prepared himself to take me to the temple so that I can be sealed to my best friend, true love, and favorite goofball for time and all eternity.

4 comments:

  1. It was a great weekend! My favorite part was watching David wait for you in the celestial room and then scooping you up when you came in! 61 days and counting!!!! AHHHH! We have a few things to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren we sure wanted to be with all of you, but we will see you soon all dressed in white! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh honey, you make me so happy and filled with love i want to go cuddle my hubby! haha

    seriously such an awesome moment and you captured it so perfectly!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete