Friday, June 3, 2011

Some of our favorite days:

On May 5th, 2011 after much trickery, David took me up to Bridal Veil Falls where we sat and were eating truffles and cookies until I bit into one and spit out something hard, he asked me to stand up, and then he asked me to have the happiest life in the whole wide world!.. oh i mean he asked me to marry him:) He had our good friends hide to secretly take a video and pictures. I really was SO surprised! I just LOVE him and can't wait to spend all eternity with my favorite goofball & my best best most handsome friend!

Just truffle eating..
This is my new favorite truffle!
The best sparkly surprise of my entire life!
I can't wait to be 'The Parkers'!
I love him more than cookies, snowmen, disneyland, fuzzy sweaters, brown sugar cinnamon poptarts, and every single other joyful thing in the world.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whos weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."-Dr. Suess

Laur P fo' life!

After school got out we headed down to David's house in Southern California, we had so much fun getting there, as well as being there. 
We went to Disneyland!
I would kiss him here or there, I would kiss him ANYWHERE!
So we got Piglet and Pooh Bear best friend necklaces,  and before we bought them I made David swear that no matter what he would wear this necklace as a token of our love... 
Unfortunately they were a little small! We were crying from laughing so hard!... I think his tears were more from the realization that although it was like a choker neclace, I would expect him to wear it anyway!



One of our favorite things to do is make funny singing movies. Mostly about small animals. Here's a small sample of our work:


We attended the April 2011 sessions of General Conference. David's family was also in town for conference. It was so fun to meet them for the first time!

After David's mission reunion, I surprised-(ish) Him with tickets to the Lakers game! I have never seen a more grateful man! 

David started a small, informal, tradition of love poem writing. Every time I walked out of the testing center, he would have a clever little poem waiting for me. 
To David. Love, Lauren.

To Lauren.  Love, David.
We love to laugh. David cracks me up everyday. Sometimes he goes out of his way to make me laugh. Once we had talked about how very 'stylish' hawaiian shirts can be, and also how my Dad wears his as a physical representation of being in.. 'Vacation Mode.' One day he walked into chem class wearing this little hawaiian number. I have never laughed so hard. 
Favorite thing: he'll do anything to make me laugh.
Just a few more examples...

In March, David told me that he had a surprise for me that Saturday. We woke up early and drove away from Provo; however, I still couldn't pry out of him where we were driving to. After about an hour and a half of begging to know, we finally arrived at the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake! Yes, he took me on a surprise adventure to the Zoo!
I got piggybacks around all day! 
Zoo day= a full day of staring at small animals and each other. clearly, the best day ever.
For the past 2 years I have volunteered for an organization called, Hearts for Hospice where you are assigned a patient that has less than 6 months to live. My most recent patient, Mr. Clark, was the sweetest man, who I learned so much from. David came with me on one visit, where we read from President Monson's book, To the Rescue. Before we left Mr. Clark, he bore his tender testimony to us, and asked us what temple we had been married in, not giving us time to answer, he explained what a magnificent, and eternally important decision we had made, and how very happy our Heavenly Father was with our choice to marry one another. As we walked out the door he asked, if possible, he could have a small part in our wedding. Little did he know, he already had!  We had only been dating for a few weeks at this time, so driving home, I teasingly (or not so teasingly..) joked to David that I hoped he had listened because Mr. Clark was so close the veil that he knew these things!
Our good friend, Mr. Clark.
My family came down to Provo for spring break. We joined them at Provo Beach Resort.
We make an excellent (and over excited) team!
Happily taking a picture with my niece and nephew, until.....
This was our reaction after my mom said, "You're like a little family!".... Little did we know, that he would propose just 48 days later, and we really would become a little family of our own!

One of the first times I knew that David was truly my perfect match was walking home from class one Wednesday. As we walked through the parking lot, we saw a dead bird on the pavement. I immediately suggested a funeral to honor the life of the small bird. Not even missing one beat,  David grabbed my hand, bowed his head and began to give a sermon on the good life lived by this small bird, Fredrick. Each of us exchanged words about both Fredrick, and his wife Ethyl. We attended and participated in a full bird funeral for Fredrick that day. I knew he had to be the one. It was a monumental day in our relationship. Two weird P's in a pod, as some would say.

6 comments:

  1. lauren i love you and all of your goofball homeade movies! ivy is giggling about 'this side is your side" hahaha
    you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i am going to steal a few of your songs!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Happy that you two are so very happy together you will have a beautimuss eternity together! Love your new blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha you're like my new most favorite blogger! I love your randomness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren I love everything about this blog! You're hilarious and I can't wait for more! I love being with you and David. You're two of my most favorite people!

    ReplyDelete